MacBook Keyboard Problems- HELP PLEASE :(

Reaction score
I did a password reset on my Macbook by using this process:
1. Reboot
2. Hold apple + s down after you hear the chime.
3. When you get text prompt enter in these terminal commands to create a brand new admin account (hitting return after each line):
* mount -uw /
* rm /var/db/.AppleSetupDone
* reboot

Everything went smoothly and it brought me back to the welcome screen where your supposed to create your account and what not. But went I tried to type into the input fields (name, address, email etc.), it wouldnt type anything. Every time I try to type it would make a noise as if it knows im trying to type but nothing shows up. Seems as if the keyboard is locked or something. I know that the keyboard works because it worked fine before I did the reset n plus when I reboot hold apple+s, I can type in the terminal just fine. With that being said, does anyone know how to unlock my keyboard? Ugh this is so frustrating. Thanks to anyone that can help, appreciate it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Welcome to the Forum. There are much better ways to create a brand new admin account. But for now try - power on and insert the install disk and hold the C key - will it boot from the disk? If so install a new OS that way.

OP
D
Reaction score
Thank you for the quick reply
Yes I tried inserting the disk, rebooting while holding c. But after I click on the disk to install, I get stuck at the grey loading screen with the apple and that ring keeps spinning. I tried letting load for about an hour and still nothing, so idk?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
If u can connect it to another Mac with Firewire and start the faulty one in Target mode - power on then hold T key - you may be able to erase/reformat the HD using disk Utility on the operative mac. Then disconnect and use the install disk to do a re install of the OS.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.