Mac Turning On and Off

Reaction score
WHen I turned my Mac Pro on this morning, it chimed like usual, and the Apple loading screen came up, but the lights (both on top and in the righthand corner) suddenly began to fade out. The loading screen stays like that, never shutting off or darkening.

I've tried plugging it in and out and even borrowed a friends power cord to no avail. It won't log into safe mode. When I tried the command+v combonation, the bottum said this:

getaddrinfo( ): nodename nor servicename provided, or not known
*above repeated*
launchmsg( ): Socket is not connected
*above repeated*
BootCacheControl : could not create temporary playlist file: no such file or directory
BootCacheControl: could not write playlist

OP
B
Reaction score
Tried booting from install disk... System only recognized it when I held "option", I clicked on the arrow, and I was back at the loading screen, no change.

I tried some of the remedies on the page. No change, except when I try to boot in Safe Mode a bar appears before the loading circle of doom. Bar gets stuck about halfway, and then the circle appears and I'm back to where I started.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.