Monitor Fading

Reaction score
Hello
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this - but I'm not too sure where to go for this.
This morning when I got on my imac the screen has started to fade - almost gradient like from a darker grey - slowly getting better to about the half way mark of the screen then back to its normal colors. I've tried searching google on this and haven't been able to find anything.
The computer was only bought last august and it is a 24" imac. I've seen some posts about bulbs burning out - but when i restart the imac the screen lights up at the top again and then goes back to the same fading. If anyone could help me figure it out i would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks
L

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Since it's still under warranty, I wouldn't mess with it any further. Either take it back to the Apple store or give Apple customer support a call and arrange for someone to look at it.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.