Google Chrome home page

Reaction score
I'm using Google Chrome as my browser and cannot figure out how to change the startup / home page to Bing. I've tried everything. (Yes, I know I should be using Safari but I don't like the way Safari tabs work and I believe it's slower than Chrome.)

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
(Yes, I know I should be using Safari but I don't like the way Safari tabs work and I believe it's slower than Chrome.)
There's no reason you should be using Safari if it doesn't work for you. :)

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Well in my latest Chrome 30.0.1599.101, click on the 3 horizontal bar to get the preferences. Then choose Settings, select "Open a specific page or set of pages" for the "On Startup" option. Now click on Set pages and remove all existing entries and add "http://bing.com" as the only page.

Now every time you start Chrome, you will be taken to the Bing page. Remember, however, that this ONLY on startup. Opening new tabs/windows once started will not take you to bing. If you left your default search engine as Google, you will see the Google search bar and the most recent 6 websites as tiles.

If you switch your default search engine to Bing, you will just get the website tiles and nothing else..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.