Hard drive crashed

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro, 2.2 GHz, 160GB@7200rpm
So I was on vacation in Hawaii and I left the house with my macbook pro being perfectly fine. I came back five hours later and it was turned off, and wouldn't turn back on. I tried everything I could to fix it, but nothing worked. I took it to a local Mac store there, and they said to wait until I got home to send it in. So, I took it to the apple store here and today I just found out that my hard drive crashed

Anyone ever have this happen? I never backed up anything since I got this computer (still have a lot from my old laptop)

This is the worst possible news I could've gotten from this situation :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
Sorry to hear that SimpleMan614. Losing everything in a crash without backup is a one-time event, believe me! I had it happen a couple of years ago and now I back my comps up 3 ways to Sunday :)

I suggest you buy a good external drive, like a 320GB Western Digital passport. And use a good backup program like SuperDuper with it. Get it here: http://www.shirt-pocket.com/

Of course you can use Time Machine, too, so that way you would have multiple backups. Maybe buy 2 of those Passports, one for each backup scheme. Then you'd be well covered. That's what I do!

Noel

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks Noel! I almost bought an external drive a few months ago, but decided that I didn't need it....now I am without a doubt buying one as soon as I can.

Thanks for the advice!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*
So I was on vacation in Hawaii and I left the house with my macbook pro being perfectly fine. I came back five hours later and it was turned off

you went on vacation for 5 hours? to hawaii too... that is a fast plane.....lol sry about the drive tho... i know it must suck

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
hah...i meant my aunt's house..i have a bunch of family there that I stay with

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.