Saving Web Site Pages to Desktop

Reaction score
All of a sudden, I can't save web site pages/images to my Desktop. When I go to a site and use the "Save Page As" feature, it saves two items on the desktop, neither one of which contains the saved document. For example, if I were saving a Mac Forum page, it would save two folders called "Mac Forum" and another one called "Mac Forum_files". When I click on the Mac Forum folder, it has a picture of a blank white document image with the top right of it curled down. The one titled, "Mac Forum_files" has tons of images that relate to nothing. By the way, when I use the Save Page As feature, why doesn't it ask me what FORMAT (PDF, PNG, JPG, etc.) I want to save the document in? Instead, my only two options are: 1) Page Source, or 2) Web Archive. It defaults to Web Archive. Can anyone help me with this??

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Welcome to Mac-Forums..

What browser are you using and the way it's saving is what it should do. It isn't going to convert all the various websites assets into a PDF file for you..

If you want to save the static content of a page like it appears, choose to Print the page and then choose to Save as PDF. That will get you a PDF version of the browser window contents..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.