Photographic Aging

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
I am interested in learning how to do "accelerated aging" to people in photographs. Through the process of accelerated aging, one might collect pictures from a subjects relatives at certain stages of life, and be able to accurately create a composite image of what someone would look like if they were older.

I am pretty good at aging people using photoshop (I work in graphic design), but a photoshop done aging process isn't always very scientific. It's more of adding wrinkles, greying hair, making a receding hairline, etc.

I'm wondering if there is any other software available that could make the aging process easier, and or more scientific. For another way of thinking about this, you could look at the "milk boxes" which sometimes have pictures of what a missing person could look like, say ten years after they went missing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2.0
Ask the artists in the Missing Persons department at your local police!
lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5
That's actually a good idea...

OP
rs2sensen
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
Except for the fact that they use software not available to the public, lol

Thanks for the idea anyways!

A

Aarow

rs2sensen said:
Except for the fact that they use software not available to the public, lol

Thanks for the idea anyways!

It wouldn't hurt to ask next time your in the big house.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.