DVD Ripper with Chapter selection?

Reaction score
As a new Mac user that hasn't looked back, the only piece of software I'm struggling to find (that I used on my PC) is a DVD Ripper that would automatically rip DVD's to chapters on my desktop in VOB (etc) format with the tick of a box. I used Slysoft software on the PC and CloneDVD ripped to chapters at the tick of a button. I think Mac the Ripper does it one chapter at a time, which is very time consuming and can get confusing for Elgato to convert straight after. Does. anybody have any other suggestions for me?

OP
P
Reaction score
No - sorry, wasn't clear about that. These are DVD's of my band that have been professionally created with menus etc. Want to full gigs onto my iphone and also Apple TV but split them into Chapters before converting them so that I don't have to scroll through the whole concert and can view song by song.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
You'll need to use something like iMovie to break them into chapters. If they're not copy protected, a ripper is not needed. Just copy the .VOB files right off the disc. You'll want to use something like Handbrake to convert them to H.264 (I'd use the AppleTV preset):

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.