Reaction score
my dad is looking for a printer that will work on a powerbook 1400

any help would be great

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I removed your email address from the post. Not a good idea to give your address in a public forum as that can draw SPAM.

If you want to be notified when someone replies to your post, use the subscribe option.

To answer your question somewhat.... A Powerbook is a fairly old machine and trying to find a printer that has drivers for the version of OS X it's running may be difficult.

Reaction score
What OS you running? Some kind of postscript laser printer like brother hl-5070n uses an ethernet connection. Look at the thrift stores that where I buy my stuff. I just bought my 2nd magicolor 2450 for $10.00. Theres still OS9. early 10 drivers for that printer.

Reaction score
Hey..We never heard back from you. Had more ideas. I still use an Apple Laserwriter Pro 630 with a G4.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.