need some serious help restarting my whole computer PLEASE HELP!! : )

Reaction score
:Oops: i have my memory almost full and would like to restart my computer to the factory settings. i would like to lose all my information and just start completely over. i don't have my original CD's that came with my macbook, but i do have my friends. PLEASE HELP!! :Oops:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Short answer..... you need a backup that you've taken previously or a Mac OSX install disc appropriate for your Mac

Why not just delete some files?

OP
K
Reaction score
i dont want to go through ALL of my files, and then keep doing that over and over and over again when i keep running out of room. i rather just delete the whole thing and back up just my important files.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Do you have an external hard drive that you can use for backing up those files you wish to keep?

As you've already been advised, you need the disk set for your machine if you wish to re-install the OS. If you've lost them or misplaced them, order another set from Apple customer service.

Also, if you keep running out of hard drive space (not memory) the cure is to purchase a larger hard drive for your machine.

Regards.

OP
K
Reaction score
so i can't use my friends CD's to re-install it?? i have to use the ones at the apple customer service??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
so i can't use my friends CD's to re-install it?? i have to use the ones at the apple customer service??

You can not use restore CDs from other computers. You have to use the ones that came with your Mac.

If you lost those you will have to get replacements from Apple.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core 2 Duo 1.83 ghz
wow, you are going about this completly wrong in my opinion. now i know that you just want to erase your hard drive and start over, but i think you should get an external drive to easily back up your nonessential stuff so the built in drive on your computer will have space.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.