Software Upddate Tip

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook Intel 2GHZ CD, 2GB RAM
I dont know how widely known this is but I just figured it out and decided I would share it with you. I have my Software Update set to tell me when there is new updates available. For the past week or so I would always get the bluetooth update but I dont need it because I dont use bluetooth and dont plan on using bluetooth and I also got the iSight one today which I dont need. If you click once on the update that you dont need and push the delete key on your keyboard it will ask if you want to delete these types of Software Updates and then you can click yes. Just a tip I thought I would share with everyone.

Enjoy! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
I believe that means you'll never receive bluetooth updates from now on.. which in my opinion.. is completely limiting yourself since you just might decide to use bluetooth in the future. The better way of doing it is just disabling that particular update. Which I believe you can do by selecting the update and going up to the menu.. look for "Disable this update" or something like that.. I've done all my updates otherwise I would just find out exactly what the command is :) But at least it gives you an idea of what to do. This will stop reminding that you need to update that particular update, but it will continue to check for that particular update in the future if there is a new version.

CheerS!

OP
dmachine
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook Intel 2GHZ CD, 2GB RAM
Murlyn said:
I believe that means you'll never receive bluetooth updates from now on.. which in my opinion.. is completely limiting yourself since you just might decide to use bluetooth in the future. The better way of doing it is just disabling that particular update. Which I believe you can do by selecting the update and going up to the menu.. look for "Disable this update" or something like that.. I've done all my updates otherwise I would just find out exactly what the command is :) But at least it gives you an idea of what to do. This will stop reminding that you need to update that particular update, but it will continue to check for that particular update in the future if there is a new version.

CheerS!

You can go into Preferences after hitting the delete button and tell it to do the updates that you have chosen not to do. But you can do it either way, its up to you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
ahh ok smooth :)

Z

Zapple

I knew that, but thanks for the tip, From, everyone that didnt know how to do that. lol :)

T

TylerMoney

thanks a lot...I imagine that I'll use some of them in the future..but a lot of the updates I'm not able...or wanting to use righ now....so this is all very good to know.

S

StarManta

Sure, you wait until AFTER I install the Bluetooth update (when I have no use for it) to tell me. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.