• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Router Suggestions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
powerbook g4
I was using a Linksys 2.4gHz 802.11b router up until yesterday. The router is r.i.p now. I am planning to get the same kind but was wondering if there is something better than that. Is there a newer linksys or anything from Apple. Any suggestion is appreciated. I'm using a PowerBook G4 w/ tiger.

Thank you

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac Dual G4 1.25 Ghz
nolgster said:
I was using a Linksys 2.4gHz 802.11b router up until yesterday. The router is r.i.p now. I am planning to get the same kind but was wondering if there is something better than that. Is there a newer linksys or anything from Apple. Any suggestion is appreciated. I'm using a PowerBook G4 w/ tiger.

Thank you

Linksys is a good brand, from my experiences. However, I also bought a bunch of close-out ATT routers for $11 and have installed them at several people's homes without a hitch.

As long as you stick with a name brand that is 802.11g and has WPA, you should be just fine.

Reaction score
in my experience, d-links don't play well with macs, at least the di-624 doesn't. i use a netgear, i like it.

B

Biturbo V12 AMG

Get a linksys you can find a G router in the paper for about $50 and that usually comes with a rebate also.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
i would go with linksys too. i have had a wrt54g for a year now and i have not had a problem.

Reaction score
We have a battered D-link 614+ and Airport Express and my iBook connects to either just fine. I use the Airport for wireless though cuz it's 802.11g. The d-link is b. And just to make things really convoluted I have the cable modem connected to the router, a pc and the airport exp come off that and everything works fine, including the printer attached to the Airport.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15 inch 1.83. iBook G4.
another vote for netgear, got 2 macs and a xp laptop runing from it fine

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.