New User, help with Spaces

Reaction score
Hey all, I have one quick question. Can I have an app run and be open in more than once "space". Example, I have all my MS OFFICE 08 apps open up in space 2, can I have google chrome open in space 2, and space 1? Am I explaining this clear? I'd like to have chrome in space 1 for my mail, espn, pass the time websites, and on space 2, have chrom open for my work websites with all my office utlities....thanks all!:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
I don't think you can. The trick I used to get around that? Use a different browser for work and play. Example, I use Opera for all my WoW related content and chrome for everything else. Chrome is space 1, opera is space 2. :)

OP
N
Reaction score
I don't think you can. The trick I used to get around that? Use a different browser for work and play. Example, I use Opera for all my WoW related content and chrome for everything else. Chrome is space 1, opera is space 2. :)

Thanks, thats what I thought....looks like I'll import bookmarks to Safari, use that in Space 2. Thanks,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Yes, you absolutely can have one application open in multiple spaces. (using Leopard... someone can check if it works in SL) Now, let's be clear about the definition of open. I mean running. You cannot have an application that is not running set to open the first window in Space 1 and a new window subsequently open up in Space 2. To get windows of the same application visible in different spaces, you have to drag one. That is, open both windows. Invoke Spaces so that you see all spaces in miniature. Grab one of the two windows and drag it to another space. That's the only way I know of to do it with the same application. The suggestion by DR to use two different browsers is a good one if you want the dual windows to be automatically assigned.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.