no title

Reaction score
Hi,

First time here. What would be my best bet when posting videos on websites made in IWeb so that when the sites published the majority of surfers can watch the video. I've noticed in the past when posting quicktime videos to my sites many viewers can't view without downloading quicktime. i know you could say just let them download quicktime, but I want to make it as turnkey as possible for the majority of surfers. When exporting video from FCP would Windows Media or FLC be more compatible for most surfers than quicktime, or is there something else I should do?

It's for a movie trailer, thus I need good quality while at the same time a small enough file so viewers don't have to wait forever for it to buffer. It's 3 minutes and about 762 MB as a quicktime movie.

With pc there's freemake, flowplayer and jwplayer. Is there something compatible for macs?

Thanks for your help!
joe

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
Moved to a more appropriate forum. Did you really intend to have 'no title' as the title of this thread?

OP
O
Reaction score
I Didn't Realize I Had No Title

When going into the forum it gave me a few choices if I remember correctly - 1. Iphone, 2. I forgot, and 3. Operating System. I was originally led to this forum cause it said online that it catered to videographers and those making movies.

Am I in the wrong place, or can you direct me to the right place?

Thanks,
joe

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
When going into the forum it gave me a few choices if I remember correctly - 1. Iphone, 2. I forgot, and 3. Operating System. I was originally led to this forum cause it said online that it catered to videographers and those making movies.

Am I in the wrong place, or can you direct me to the right place?

Thanks,
joe

Well - this post could probably fit 2 forums but I've placed it here for now. You need a better title to attract readers educated on your particular topic. Let a staff member know if you'd like that changed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.