I cracked the screen on my iPhone, will they replace it?

Reaction score
I bought the new 3GS black 32gb iphone - after Owning both previous models..

I purchased it for 700$ (I wasn't eligable) at AT&T and everything went well - the guy unwrapped the box, showed me all the differences, and put it all together again.

I work alot so for just over a day I hadn't gotten a chance to play with my new 700$ toy and had been using my crappy work phone.

I went to open the box to start enjoying my new phone with all its new upgrades and it fell right out of the box and the screen cracked slightly and it's ruined my entire day.

If I were to bring in the phone into the apple store tommarow what are the chances of them being kind enough to let me walk out of the store with a brand new one?

I have not even used it for a day,

Are my chances good or not?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
i think even if you didn't buy it from att that you still have a warranty on it.

OP
B
Reaction score
That covers cracked screens? A day old?

I see people get handed new ones as solutions to these problems all the times..

what are my chances of walking out of the store with a brand new sealed in box one? I paid 700 dollars for it and because the guy put it back together wrong probably it came flying out of the box and cracked the screen.

It' hasnt been a day..

Will they just give me a new one and let me on my merry way or is this going to be a battle

OP
B
Reaction score
PLEASE

I need my mind at ease

There is no way apple would make a long-time dedicated customer pay 950$ for a iphone..

700 for the phone
250 for the screen fix..

PLEASE someone tell me what the true deal ishere i'm freaking out I've had every generation iphone and macbook laptops..

PLEASE

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
just bring it in and relax.

if you are honest with them, it will help your chances a lot. don't forget to mention your history of being a long time apple customer as well.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
PLEASE

I need my mind at ease
As much as someone may have had similar experiences, no one will likely have had your exact experience. Do as skye has recommended - bring it in and find out. There is no point in asking us how it will/should go if you haven't tried for yourself.

what are my chances of walking out of the store with a brand new sealed in box one? I paid 700 dollars for it and because the guy put it back together wrong probably it came flying out of the box and cracked the screen.
I wouldn't mention that at all. Accusing someone of something when you are trying to get their help is going to be more detrimental than anything. Just be polite, non-confrontational and clear in your explanation of what happened.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 13" Ultimate (2010)
How could the iPhone fall out of the box when you opened it? Were you holding the box upside-down or something?

Reaction score
The worst they can do is charge you 199 for a replacement/repair. Given the fact that you've paid dearly to have the iPhone (and every variation released), they may work with you on it. Just be real with them on the fact that you never even used it, they may hook you up for cheaper than 199.

Reaction score
Believe it or not I ran over my iPhone with my car and smashed the screen I had to spend sadly ;|

Im feeling for you bro

Reaction score
they will charge you at least 200 to replace the screen. i heard this when a kid came in the apple store with his iphone AND touch while i was there, both with the screens shattered..

i dont know how this kid shattered both screens.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8gig iPhone 3g; 2.0Ghz Mini
My buddy stepped on my phone while it was in my backpack. I had to pay the $200 for a replacement. I'll be surprised if they cover it.

Reaction score
buy the front panel (digitizer) for $30 and fix it yourself....takes like 1 hour to do.....just replaced mine on my 3G....piece of cake!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.