Mobileme mail still slow

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" G4 iBook 768m 60g
I am still having problems with MobileMe mail being very slow. Sometimes when I click reply, it loads another session of MobileMe, instead of an email to type my reply in. I am also getting a message that says there is an unresponsive script, and yes or no to continue. Either answer you choose my browser (firefox) is frozen for a few moments untill it reloads. If I click on an email to read it either in the preview pain, or actually open the email, I have to wait for mobileme to reload. If I want to compose an email, AGAIN, I have to wait for mobileme to reload. I do have a somewhat slow internet connection (256mg) compared to others nowadays, but I never had any problem with .mac. I do not need to sync with anything, and wish I could have my regular .mac webmail back. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
Sean

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
I try to not to use the web interface because it sucks and it is buggy as heck, Mail (IMAP) has been very solid lately (compared to what it was). Have you tried using Apple Mail?

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" G4 iBook 768m 60g
I would use apple mail, but at the moment, my iBook is down with a failed hard drive so I am left using a PC. I know...Yuk.

What if I set my .mac email up in outlook for the time being? Can it be set up so that a copy of the emails remains on the mobileme server?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.