duplicate to idisk

Reaction score
Hi all

i was wndering is there a way so that if i put something in my documents folder that it gets mirrored to my idisk

I.E if i put a document in my document folder it gets copied to idisk

if i delelte it it also gets deleted from idisk

the later int a biggy but i would love to know i have a back up that is easily accesable from mac.com if i am away from a mac

regards Gareth

Reaction score
Hey. Since you have a .Mac account, download the free program "Backup." Once you have it installed, simply set up a backup schedule to your iDisk... I'm new to a mac so I'm not sure of another way... let me know pls.

M

MacHeadCase

Welcome to Mac-Forums, gazzzmoly.

Well if you delete the files which are the source of the mirror, it's logical to think the mirrored files will go too as they don't have any source anymore.

I would agree with GVSAF on this. Backup would be the way to go.

OP
G
Reaction score
Hey. Since you have a .Mac account, download the free program "Backup." Once you have it installed, simply set up a backup schedule to your iDisk... I'm new to a mac so I'm not sure of another way... let me know pls.

Welcome to Mac-Forums, gazzzmoly.

Well if you delete the files which are the source of the mirror, it's logical to think the mirrored files will go too as they don't have any source anymore.

I would agree with GVSAF on this. Backup would be the way to go.

again thanks for the input but i own an imac which is at home put everywhere else i wprk in a windows environment and would like to be able to access th ings via mac.com perhaps i didnt make myself clear sorry for any confusion.

back up is fine but it archives everything and is not very windows freindly i would rather not have to download and uncompress my entire documents folder each time i want a single file

i know that there is a simle way around this ie using a folder action to copy to a mounted idisk or an applescript problem is i am a little numb when it comes to mac osx

OP
G
Reaction score
Well maybe a simple drag and drop of the files on your iDisk then.

lol i too though that lol :confused: i was hoping something tha i just either saved into docs and it did it automagicly duplicated it into my idisk save me havng to repeat it everytime

Reaction score
what about automator? I have NO clue how to use it but it sounds like you might be able to create a workflow?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.