ipod 80gb

Reaction score
Hi there.I'm new to this because this is the first time having any trouble with my ipod which I got from my daughter about 2years ago.She has had it for some years and passed it over to me,out of boredom I guess.Anyway I turned it on today and for some reason this appears on the screen blinking all the time.

SDRAM Full Test
Please wait.......

RUN: BL on
PASS: BL blink
FAIL: BL off

Reset to continue.

I have tried pushing every button on it and cannot get it to turn off.

HELP!!!!!!!!:(

OP
J
Reaction score
Need help to fix this ipod:

Turned it on this morning and all that is on the screen is

SDRAM Full Test

Please wait......

RUN: BL on
PASS: BL blink
FAIL: BL off

Reset to continue.

I can't get it turned off,it's just blinking all the time.

HELP!!!!!!! :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
Have you tried a re-set?

From here: How to Reset or Unfreeze an iPod Nano, iPod Touch, iPod Classic, or iPod Shuffle - Online Tech Tips

How to unfreeze or reset an iPod Classic
1. Toggle the Hold switch on and off. (Slide it to Hold, then turn it off again.)

2. Now press and hold the Menu and Select buttons until the Apple logo appears, which may take about 6 to 10 seconds. You may need to repeat this step.

Notes:

If you are having problems resetting the iPod, go ahead and set it on a flat surface. Then make sure the finger pressing the Select button is not touching any part of the click wheel. Also be sure that you are pressing the Menu button towards the outside of the click wheel, not near the center.
If the above mentioned steps do not work, then you can try connecting your iPod to a power adapter and plug the power adapter into an electrical outlet, or connect the iPod to your computer. Make sure the computer is turned on and isn’t set to go to sleep.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
JoAnn:

Please do not post your question to more than one forum. That's known as cross posting. I've merged both your posts together here where they belong.

Thanks and Welcome to the Mac Forums.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.