Macbook or Macbook Air

Reaction score
Hi everyone :D
Ive been using a windows pc forever and have been convinced to get myself a Macbook.

I was just wondering what to buy a Macbook or Macbook Air 11"?

I will mainly be using it to create games for iPod Touch and iPhone using the GameSalad Creator and was just wondering which of these models would run it better?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Both machines are fine computers. However, what it may come down to is how much hard drive space and memory are you going to need? The "Air" is limited as it uses flash memory modules for storage (not a SSD) and the system memory maximum is 4 GB. Also, do you need a CD\DVD drive?

Reaction score
I was going to get a macbook air (13 inch) but chose not to as the macbook pro was priced about the same and it has a better processor, more hubs (i use usb alot) and was easier to upgrade.

If I was you I would definitely go for a macbook.

- Jamie

Reaction score
I also considered getting a Macbook Air prior to getting my Macbook Pro. You pay extra for the Air just to get the "thinnest laptop on the market" whereas you could spend the same amount on the Pro and get a faster processor, more RAM, and bigger harddrive.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.