Assigning Programs to Spaces

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.8Ghz 4GB LEOPARD
When I assign a program to Spaces like VMware Fusion or MS Word 08 and I specifically set the program to a certain space number like 3 for example it doesn't seem to work correctly. When I start the program it will open in the wrong space (whichever one I'm already in).

Other programs behave correctly. For example I assigned Yahoo Messenger, MS Messenger and Mail to Space 2 and whenever I open any of those programs it will automatically switch to the correct space before opening.

Is there something I'm missing here? I don't understand why some programs work correctly and others seem to be ignored. I want VMware Fusion to be in its own space so that I can easily switch OS's.

Edit: I got Fusion working correctly but MS Word 08 refuses to open in an assigned space. It opens in ALL spaces on top of anything currently running. Grrrr

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.