Hard Drive In PC

Reaction score
Hello,

I am in the starting proses of making an Aplication for the Ipod Touch and the Iphone. I do not have a Mac computer at this moment in time. But what i want to know weather if I can get an Mac Registured Intel hard drive for a desktop could this be put into a simple windows running PC and work on Mac. If I was to take out the Windows hard drive would the new Mac one work and would it run OS X Snow Leepoard?. If this would work can anyone sugest a good place to get a cheep Mac Registured Intel hard drive or a hard drive which is blank which will run Mac (if that works).

If you need any more information please ask!

Thanks
Sam

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
Can't run OSX on a PC based machine. This violates Apple's EULA and no help will be provided here.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Hello,

I am in the starting proses of making an Aplication for the Ipod Touch and the Iphone.

What, are you trying to get credit to purchase one or both of these?

I do not have a Mac computer at this moment in time. But what i want to know weather if I can get an Mac Registured Intel hard drive for a desktop could this be put into a simple windows running PC and work on Mac.

The weather is fine here. Kind of hot though. How is it there?

There is no such thing as a "Mac Registured Intel" [sic] hard drive.

I was to take out the Windows hard drive would the new Mac one work and would it run OS X Snow Leepoard?.

There is no difference between a Windows hard drive and a Mac hard drive except the operating system that is installed on it. No, it would not run and it would also be against the License Agreement as it can only be installed on an Apple machine.

If this would work can anyone sugest a good place to get a cheep Mac Registured Intel hard drive or a hard drive which is blank which will run Mac (if that works).

If you need any more information please ask!

Thanks
Sam

Well, since there is no such thing as a "Mac Registured [sic] Intel hard drive", can't tell you where to get one.
A blank hard drive can be bought from anywhere that sells hard drives.

A Mac is a computer made by Apple which uses OS X as an operating system.
And no, if you want to use OS X, you will need to buy a Mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.