Huge Sound Problems

Reaction score
Hello,

I need help.

I am having serious sound issues, when I use itunes, watching something online the sound cuts out and I keep getting a clicking/popping noise from the what sounds like my speakers. This happens now even when I am not playing music.

Also my sound control buttons on keyboard are slow to respond if they respond at all.

I am still in warranty, can anyone please advise me as to what I can do!?

I was advise to give this ago:

"Have you tried shutting down and restarting?

You might try holding the Apple-Option-P-R keys down immediately after you here the chime when restarting the computer. Continue holding the keys until you hear the chime one more time. (more times is OK but one time after the initial is all that is required) The let up the keys and let it start.

If that does not do it Shut down, remove the power cord, remove the battery, press and hold the power button for at least 5 seconds. Then re install the battery and the power cord and start up normally.

If none of these things work try logging in as another User. You may have to create another user account to do this if you only have one User account. This is not a problem, and does not take up an appreciable disk space. In fact, it is a real good idea to have at least one more User account in your list of accounts soley for testing and diagnosing such as this. Just name your new account test and give it a simple password such as "test".

If sound works correctly in another account then you know the problem is NOT hardware but rather it is something in your regular account"

I tried all that and the problem still persists?

Any advice would be great!

Thank you!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
If you're under warrantee and you can reliably reproduce the problem, then it would be time to find an Apple store and show one of the techs. They'll fix it because that behavior is not normal for a Macbook. Heck, it's not normal for the older generation G4 Macs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.