Bootcamp issues installing Windoes 7 on iMac 27" (early 2013 model)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Firstly I am brand new to the Mac-forums and am not entirely sure if I am posting in the right section. If I'm not, I heartily apologise.

I bought an iMac 27" last week and am now trying to partition the hard drive via BootCamp with a (yes, i admit it) pirated download of Windows Home Premium 7.

Everything worked fine turning a USB into my Windows drive, as the new iMacs don't have a built in optical drive. Once i got to the installation of Windows, however, I got to choose the language preferences but then had the error message "No device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers." I could browse through the available drivers, which were 'Bootcamp', 'Boot' and then my Windows driver. I tried all three drivers without any result, besides the same error message.

I then quit the installation which restarted my iMac. It automatically started the Windows installation again, however this time I am stuck with a black screen and the error message, 'No detectable device - insert boot disk and press any key.' I know that I can restart my iMac and go straight back into OSX by holding alt-opt while it boots. I have done so much internet trawling to find a solution, with no luck - what I want, is to be able to finish installing Windows 7 on my Mac, not just to get out of the installation and go back to OSX.

One suggestion I found was that the USB wasn't being recognised cause its in a USB 3.0 port, and it only works with USB 2.0 ports. Fine, however I don't have any USB 2.0 ports on my iMac that I'm aware of (please correct me if I'm wrong). Again, I don't have an optical drive to try the process again with a burnt Windows 7 disk.

Does any body have ANY suggestions, or know any way of making this work? I will forever send you telepathic wishes of longevity and worldly riches for helping me figure this out.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I bought an iMac 27" last week and am now trying to partition the hard drive via BootCamp with a (yes, i admit it) pirated download of Windows Home Premium 7.

Appreciate the honesty...but we cannot continue this conversation.

- Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.