Warcraft 3 on macbook?

D

docss26

Anyone playing warcraft 3 on their macbooks? I just wanted to know how well it runs and if ill be able to enjoy the game on here. i have a 2 ghz macbook with 1.25 gb ram. thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17", Intel Core Duo
Should be able to run it allright. But it's a PPC app, so it'll run through rosetta. Works on my iMac 1,83 GHz with 1 Gb RAM.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17", Intel Core Duo
It emulates a PPC processor, meaning that it'll run slower than if run natively. You might know that Apple recently changed from PPC-processors to Intel processors. With that change, they also changed the processor architecture. Not all applications are made for the new Intel processors, therefore Apple created an emulating application called Rosetta, so that PPC-programs will run.

OP
D

docss26

It emulates a PPC processor, meaning that it'll run slower than if run natively. You might know that Apple recently changed from PPC-processors to Intel processors. With that change, they also changed the processor architecture. Not all applications are made for the new Intel processors, therefore Apple created an emulating application called Rosetta, so that PPC-programs will run.

oh thanks for the information. Is rosetta something i can just search for and download. Is it complicated to set it up and run the WC3 app.

Reaction score
Rosetta runs in the background of OS X on Intel Macs and emulates the PPC environment for PPC only applications such as MS Office, Photoshop and Warcraft 3.

Problem you have is that a Macbook has onboard graphics and will have tme emulate all the code using Rosetta making it much slower than it would be normally. I would try the game first before buying.

OP
D

docss26

Rosetta runs in the background of OS X on Intel Macs and emulates the PPC environment for PPC only applications such as MS Office, Photoshop and Warcraft 3.

Problem you have is that a Macbook has onboard graphics and will have tme emulate all the code using Rosetta making it much slower than it would be normally. I would try the game first before buying.

i downloaded the demo online and it ran smoothly on the original setting the demo started with. i really like the game. i think itll be fine. i just odered the game anyways. if it sucks on the mac i still have my desktop.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.