burning an .iso file

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP - 24" white iMac - 16gb white iphone3G - 20gb iPod colour
Hi,

how do I burn an .iso file on my MBP. The file is for windows but i thought i could have burned it onto disc. I've tried using toast choosing the ISO 9660 option but it only seems to burn it as a data disc. I have a windows based laptop but the writer on it is broke. So i thought i could do it on the mac. Any ideas how i can burn it or maybe i'm doing it wrong in toast.

cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
There are three ways to burn ISO disk images:

1/ open the iso in Disk Utility, select Burn in the top left

2/ From the command line:

You can burn them easily from a Terminal command line session. To get such a session, type SHFT+CMD+U and select Terminal.app. This runs a bash shell, which I assume you are familiar with if you are looking at burning ISOs. Given an ISO file (image.iso, for example) in the current working directory, use the following command to burn it to a disc that you've inserted into a recordable drive:

hdiutil burn image.iso

3/ Commercial Software. You can get a third party burner, like Toast Titanium to do this. See the following:

http://www.mrbass.org/mac/dvdburn/

Of course, this is somewhat expensive commercial software.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
If you are willing to pay out
try Roxio Toast

OP
ferritt
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP - 24" white iMac - 16gb white iphone3G - 20gb iPod colour
Cheers for that. When i toasted it the first time i was doing it wrong. Just tried using toast and choosing copy disc/disc image and worked a treat!

cheers for that

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
Np :) Im glad it works

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.