new hard internal drive

Reaction score
I have a 7 yo Powerbook G4. The HD died & I am looking on Ebay & other places for a replacement. The dead drive was 80GB. I would prefer to put in something larger if possible, but do not know what will work with no other modifications. Some of the drives I have seen have a different pin connection & I really don't want to mess with that.

the computer is PBG4 15.2"/1.67GHz- 128/512MB /80GB/SD/AEX
Serial # W85261YVSQ7

Hard drive MK8026GAX
HDD2191 H ZK01 T

If anyone has any information I would appreciate it.

Thanks, Bill

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You need an Ultra ATA notebook drive to replace your dead drive. They're hard to find, especially large ones. Check with Amazon.com or maybe Other World Computing. You may be able to find something on eBay but be careful about buying a used drive.

I had to hunt around for weeks to find an Ultra ATA replacement drive for an older Toshiba Satellite notebook. I wound up buying an 80 GB drive from a web reseller.

OP
T
Reaction score
Thanks much, I know it is an old book, but it still worked before the HD died. I am thinking I will take it to my home office just for email & maybe a security camera system.

Thanks again, Bill

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.