How do I get data from my external HDD

Reaction score
Well I have got an interesting problem.

I was running Leopard on my Black MB. About a month ago, I decided to upgrade to Snow Leopard. Hence backed up the entire data to my 1TB external HDD using TimeMachine.
After a clean install of Snow Leopard, it was time for me to create users. Hence I created a new user, say 'neo'. Everything is fine. My MB works perfectly fine.

In Leopard, I had a user called 'neoanderson' and all the data is backed up under that name. And after upgrade I did not do a restore using the inbuilt restore utility - simply because I had a lot of unwanted stuff I installed i did not want restored. I thought I could selectively restore the data.

Now coming to the problem. If I connect my 1TB external HDD to my MB and start TimeMachine, it starts backing up the current data under user 'neo'. But I cannot see the TimeMachine backups for user 'neoanderson' - although they are existing in the ext. HDD.

Since its not showing in TimeMachine, I cannot restore the data. Hence,

1) I'd like to know how can I restore the data under user 'neoanderson' to user 'neo'

2) Secondly, I have a few widgets that I installed in Leopard that I'd like to have in Snow Leopard. Given the above background how can I do this.

I have best tried to explain my situation, I know its a bit complicated
Hence any help would be appreciated.

TIA

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
right click the time machine icon on the dock and select " browse other time machine disks " .... then select the backup used by " neoanderson "

Cheers ... McBie

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.