Apple wont fix my flaking/peeling macbook. Whats next?

Reaction score
So my 6 month old black macbook is flaking and peeling. I brought it to two apple stores in my area and both of them refused to fix it saying it was normal wear and tear. The situation sucks, but i have to deal with it. So what are my options? Most of the peeling parts are on the bottom casing. The tob casing with the keyboard is fine and the display casing is ok too. Can i buy a lower casing some where to replace my peeling one?? Or better yet has anyone with this same issue had any luck having apple care replace vs the geniuses at the store? I cant believe id be posting something like this after 6 months. What a bummer.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
The only thing I have heard being replaced under Warranty is the Top casing on the early MacBooks was yellowing. Those all got replaced. Not heard much about the Black one and issues like yours.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver MB 2Ghz Core2Duo 2GB RAM
So my 6 month old black macbook is flaking and peeling. I brought it to two apple stores in my area and both of them refused to fix it saying it was normal wear and tear. The situation sucks, but i have to deal with it. So what are my options? Most of the peeling parts are on the bottom casing. The tob casing with the keyboard is fine and the display casing is ok too. Can i buy a lower casing some where to replace my peeling one?? Or better yet has anyone with this same issue had any luck having apple care replace vs the geniuses at the store? I cant believe id be posting something like this after 6 months. What a bummer.

try calling applecare

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.