Will standard mac-pro support a 30" panel

Reaction score
Hi guy's,
I'm seriously considering taking your advice and getting a mac-pro rather than a pimped out 24" imac. My question is: Will the standard Mac-pro from Amazon support a 30" panel (monitor)? It's features are:
1. two 2.66ghz dual core intel xeon proc.
2. 1 gig ram
3. 250 gig HD 4. nvidia G force 7300 gt
As you said earlier i can upgrade ram and hard drive later. It is a lot cheaper than buying it from Apple.
Do i need anything added to this Mac in order to run the 30" inch monitor? Can't help it. I like big. That was one of the reasons i was condidering the 24" imac. Also would you suggest a Dell 30" panel or the Apple. I know the Dell can be had cheaper but i don't want to be sorry later.
Thanks. Your opinion is always appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
Yes...we are running two screens at work...both Apple HD cinema screens on a Mac Pro

OP
R
Reaction score
I assume these are 30" screens you are running. Am i correct? If so that is awesome on a standard out of the box Mac-pro. Let me know. Thanks Maddog.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
I should certainly hope a top of the range Mac should be able to run a 30" monitor.

By the way, it's the graphics card that determines the output resolution, and therefore the maximum monitor size, regardless of what computer it's in. The GeForce 7300GT runs at a maximum resolution of 2560 x 1600, which is exactly the resolution a 30" TFT runs at.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
LOL :)

Happy to help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
if you can afford it buy some more ram - NOT FROM apple. but from another gd company - will help support the power of the CPU's.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.