USB to firewire lead

OP
C

Chamorro

Does "lead" = "cable"?

I have not seen any of these. It's basically like trying to connect a parallel printer to a serial port. The basic architecture of the sytsems are different, not to mention the electrical specs (i.e. voltage through the ports), interface protocols, etc.

If you're thinking about this to try and "speed up" a USB device, that won't work at all. Look at how USB2 works: anything connected that is only USB 1.1 will only transfer data at the USB 1.1 rate.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Maxwell Murder said:
Anyone know if one of these exists?
If not why not!? :D
Even if it existed, it can serve no purpose as the speed difference between the port types in eMac is to much

OP
M

Maxwell Murder

This was just me at my most desperate after being shot down over the fact I'm stuck with USB 1.1.

Bah.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
i only have 1.1 but it doesnt bother me because anything that i neede that actually needs the speed of 2.0 is most likely available for firewire which i prefer

OP
M

Maxwell Murder

trpnmonkey41 said:
i only have 1.1 but it doesnt bother me because anything that i neede that actually needs the speed of 2.0 is most likely available for firewire which i prefer

Unfortunately, my iRiver iHP is only available with a USB connection, no firewire. Which is a bit annoying but I'm not exactly the buisest person in the world so now I've calmed down, I'm not overly bothered anymore.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Maxwell Murder said:
Unfortunately, my iRiver iHP is only available with a USB connection, no firewire. Which is a bit annoying but I'm not exactly the buisest person in the world so now I've calmed down, I'm not overly bothered anymore.
What is it you would like the iRiver iHP to do?

OP
M

Maxwell Murder

witeshark said:
What is it you would like the iRiver iHP to do?

Transfer at USB 2.0 speeds but I only have a 1.1 chipset which isn't upgradeable so I'm stuck wth it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.