Corrosion on Powerbook Pad?

M

mkwick

Hey All, I have a 12" powerbook and on the wrist area of either side the surface is rubbing off, slowly but surely. Anybody have the same probelm? I have only head it for about 4 months. That aside I am very happy.

-m3

OP
D

dlisle20

how odd, ive got a 17 incher andive never had that problem after 2 years???

OP
B

blondenluvnit

mkwick said:
Hey All, I have a 12" powerbook and on the wrist area of either side the surface is rubbing off, slowly but surely. Anybody have the same probelm? I have only head it for about 4 months. That aside I am very happy.

-m3

ya, thats kinda weird. well, since i bought my 15" powerbook I've placed a little piece of cloth under my wrists, call it silly, but im sure i wont have the same problem...just a suggestion. :girl:

OP
J

jbsengineer

mkwick said:

-m3

pic???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
is it actually peeling off? is it coming off onto your wrists/palms? i know where i put my wrists when i type is a little dirty. We will def need to see some pics.

-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I always have really sweaty wrists, so I could imagine the finish on the powerbook getting damaged by the constant minerals.

I'd get an external keyboard to use at home... I use one with my iBook as the hot surfaces your wrists rest on really annoyed me for long periods.

OP
B

benmueller

mkwick: I'm having the same problem with my 12" PB - frustrating, huh?

The link Jessica supplied for "Klear Advantage Overlays" is the only product out that I've seen to prevent this from happening... unfortunately, one would often only think to buy this product after the problem had begun.

As far as a remedy, protect the area to prevent further damage - but to my knowledge there's no fixing it. I ran it by Apple Care and they said no dice.

OP
T

teknic

Just wanted to tell everybody that I just ordered my first 15" PB with the 17"specs. Excep for the Dual DVI of course.
Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.