Mail protection

T

twotone

It just occured to me that anybody using my Mac could open any new mail, read the contents, mark it as un-read, close it and I would never ever know.
Is there a way that I could prevent this from happening?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Yep: Password protect your user account and require a password to unlock screensaver.

You can't lock mail.app individually afaik.

OP
T

twotone

I am password protected, but if a nosey individual should happen to get on my system, as I walk away from desk my top and the shut down (sleep) hasn't turned off yet, this person could still read my stuff. Guess I wil have to put it to sleep everytime I walk away for it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
At our shop at work, we obviously don't need customers trying out our iMac used for inventory, paying etc. so we have an active corner set up that activates the screen saver when you move the mouse all the way to the bottom left corner.

Since a password is required to deactivate the screen saver, this is a nice & quick way to prevent people from messing with things.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.