can not delete mails from mailboxes located On My Mac

Reaction score
I have a number of mailboxes located in the On My Max section of Mail where some of my mails are automatically directed according to the topic or where I store others. Today these boxes started showing a strange behavior whereby I can not delete mails from any of them anymore.

When I try to delete a mail from any of them I am told "the operation could not be completed. Files exists." When I look into the On My Mac trash box, a mail with the same sender and topic indeed can be seen there. However the content of it is that of another mail and the content is always coming from the same mailbox. Any idea what to do? Thanks

OP
W
Reaction score
:) problem solved, just had to delete the On My Mac trash folder. I had done a bulk deleting from one of the boxes and these mails had become ghost files in the system that didn't show on the screen but were still somewhere on the disk.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.