real life battery experience

Reaction score
for those of you that upgraded what do you think of the battery on 3g. I'm thinking of doing the upgrade but i'm afraid the battery will be too weak. As it stands I can barely go a day on a 8 gig original.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
It seems to run down a little bit faster, to me, if I keep my settings the same as my first iPhone. Now I've switched off WiFi, which I left on all the time with the first one. We'll see how that works out. They say that the 3G iPhone has the best battery time compared to all other 3G phones. I would say don't let that stop you from upgrading. Just put an extra charger at work and one in the car and you'll be good.

Article about battery life...

http://www.pcworld.com/article/148348/3g_iphones_mediocre_battery_life_still_beats_rivals.html

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM
for those of you that upgraded what do you think of the battery on 3g. I'm thinking of doing the upgrade but i'm afraid the battery will be too weak. As it stands I can barely go a day on a 8 gig original.

The battery lasts about a workday's worth of fairly heavy use if 3G is turned on; awhile longer if it's turned off. It also helps to turn off Bluetooth and Wi-Fi if you're not using them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.