Powermac G5 question

Reaction score
Hi, im new here and i thought i might ask for some advice.

Ive a G5 powermac in the steel case A1047 DP 2.00
Ive tried almost everything what ive googled to try and resolve this but im having no luck, Symptom i did have originally was the boot up chime , power LED on full as normal then the screen with the ? Folder. now i know this would happen as at the time the unit did not have a harddrive installed. But when i added one, it would not boot from the dvd-cd rom OSX disk, ( by holding c on boot ) Ive reset the nvram and reset all, ive pulled teh cmos battery and tested it and left it out for 20 mins, ive pressed the small button on the logic board while everything has been disconected. ive then procceded to unplug all cable and hold my finger on the power button while plugging back in, ive moved the ram about, ( realise that they must be in pairs starting from the middle outwards, ive stripped the whole machine to check for PSU issue, ( all looks new no bulging caps ) re built it., still the same, i get all the fans on, the power light flashes twice , then pause then twice, ( apparently ram issue) or none atall? according to the specs it take 184 pin 3200. which i have tried many, the machine no longer chimes at start up as it use to, i get no video dispay,,,when i used to get the folder screen, ive heard that this could be a logic board failure? is this true or shall i waste more time on it? is there something ive missed? ive removed the cpu's and replaced them carefully, tried another battery, but it just seems odd that it came up before and now it doesnt. your help would be greatly arpechiated.

Kind regards
Leeroy!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2012 mini w/SSD
Leeroy -
There are a couple of general troubleshooting rules that you didn't follow here:
1) Before looking elsewhere, first go back and fix/recheck what you most recently did.
2) Deal with one problem at a time. Because you panicked and started changing everything around, you have now made the troubleshooting problem about 100 times more difficult than it needed to be. All you know is you have a hardware problem. Probably motherboard or RAM.
Read this:
About the Power Mac G5 (Late 2005) diagnostic LEDs

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
you cant boot from the disc: are you sure the optical drive works?

do you get any red lights on the logic board?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Too difficult too read - try some grammar and punctuation perhaps?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.