iPhone 3GS iOS4 on AT&T - How To Use In UK?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini
I just bought an iPhone 3GS iOS4 on AT&T from the US. How can I use in the UK?

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini
The only thing it will let me do is emergency calls at the moment =[

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Well, forum policy states that we are not permitted to talk about how to jailbreak a phone.. but the bottom line is that you WILL have to Jailbreak it in order to unlock it. If you want advice on how to do this, you're not going to get answers or links from here. I suggest you Google for results on how to do this. Sorry, but the forum owners are simply following U.S. law on said matters.

BTW, that's how I'm using my US 3g here in Hungary.

Doug

Reaction score
Iphone use abroad

You could also use Skype or Google Voice, via a wifi connection, if you don't mind talking only when you've got wifi. It's a very low-cost method for using US Iphones abroad. I'm trying to do it, but my Iphone won't connect to my wifi network, alas.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
Just get the jailbreak process out of the way and then we can help you with the rest.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.