"battery charged" - not true

Reaction score
Hi all here's a confusion. My battery info says it's charged but lasts less than a minute. it's pretty old and would probably easily be solved with a new battery but i don't want to buy a new battery and find out it's some other problem. any thoughts? there's clearly a problem with the accuracy of the readouts. 700 cycles and 100% battery health - in my dreams.
Picture-7.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
You dont say what Version OS you are running but have you tried to calibrate the battery as a last resort. Sounds like its on its way out but here is a link to 10.4 calibration. If it doesnt help just googl " Apple calibrating your Macbook model" battery...

LINKY

Cheers

Reaction score
Awesome Dude!!!
You have a battery with 65 Amp Hours (65,304mAh) of capacity! The battery in my car doesn't have that mush power. Wow.

BTW: The battery is toast. Get a new battery.

BTW2: CoconuBattery lies. It gives you a rough guideline, but don't get your panties in a knot when your new 5500mAh battery says it only has 5340 or 5227mAh. Use it for trend analysis and you'll be okay.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.