• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Wwdc 2006

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 2.16Ghz, 1GB ram
Hey everyone,

Is anyone attending the WWDC 2006? I am going to be there and I was wondering if there are any others going there too, we all could meet up there. To be honest, I won the student scholarship, due to which I am going. Even with the scholarship, I still need to pay for my flight ticket from Atlanta and hotel. But I guess its still worth it as a one-time experience. I am a student at Georgia State University graduating this summer with a degree in Computer Information Systems and Operations management. I develop using Java but have never developed using mac OS X so I am really looking forward to hopefully learning something there. Everyone attending the conference, if any, post your description here if you would.

Thanks and I look forward to meeting some of you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
Congratulations on your scholarship. I am sure the price of transportation & board will be well worth the experience. :)

OP
iaminvincible
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks Matt. I surely hope it will.

Also, if anyone has attended the WWDC before, could you also give me some information on what to expect and maybe what I should do to make the most out of this. Especially because I have never developed using XCODE/WebObjects etc. I would really appreciate that.

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
iaminvincible said:
....Also, if anyone has attended the WWDC before, could you also give me some information on what to expect and maybe what I should do to make the most out of this.

It'll sure be worth it and you can tell us about Leopard when you come back. LOL!! :D

About WWDC 2005 Approaching HERE.

OP
iaminvincible
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I sure will. No problem. I just hope this post gets a better response. I really want some inside information from someone who has been there. :dummy:

Thanks for the inspiration guys.

Reaction score
iaminvincible said:
I sure will. No problem. I just hope this post gets a better response. I really want some inside information from someone who has been there. :dummy:

Thanks for the inspiration guys.

As far as i think nobody has or will go. You know why? Look HERE.

OP
iaminvincible
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
coltssaturday said:
As far as i think nobody has or will go. You know why? Look HERE.

HAHAHAHA. Yeah...it is pretty steep. I guess thats why they have 400 student scholarships, so those of you who are students and would not mind paying for the airfare and hotel, should definitely apply for it the next year. I think the people who win or qualify in the design awards also get free tickets...not sure about that one. Oh well, I will definitly post back here after my experience.

Reaction score
iaminvincible said:
HAHAHAHA. Yeah...it is pretty steep. I guess thats why they have 400 student scholarships, so those of you who are students and would not mind paying for the airfare and hotel, should definitely apply for it the next year. I think the people who win or qualify in the design awards also get free tickets...not sure about that one. Oh well, I will definitly post back here after my experience.

Yah..... thats good about going to it for free but it also matters about the traveling fee and the staying fee.

But you are lucky iaminvincible, just enjoy your funnnn ride to the WWDC.

:cool:

OP
iaminvincible
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
coltssaturday said:
Yah..... thats good about going to it for free but it also matters about the traveling fee and the staying fee.

But you are lucky iaminvincible, just enjoy your funnnn ride to the WWDC.

:cool:

Yeah, I also have never been to San Francisco so I am going to take this opportunity to check out the city too....small holiday... :yinyang:

Reaction score
iaminvincible said:
Yeah, I also have never been to San Francisco so I am going to take this opportunity to check out the city too....small holiday... :yinyang:

A small holiday for a BIG thing. Say my HI to Steve. LOL! :D

OP
iaminvincible
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
coltssaturday said:
A small holiday for a BIG thing. Say my HI to Steve. LOL! :D

HAHAHA...will do.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel Core solo Mac mini 1.5GHz, Headless Powerbook G4 500MHz
say HI for Me to, my name is Colton. remember to take LOTS of pictures!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.