some programs that i open make an icon to i have to click eject to get rid of it

Reaction score
Hey I know its titled expose question, but i figured that so i changed this same message, this question doesn't have to do with expose:

I am completely new to mac and i was wondering how come some programs that i open make an icon to left and i have to right click and click eject to get rid of the icon. For example, when i launch firefox it comes up with this icon on the right that says firefox, it appears right under macintosh hard drive icon

Write back
Thanks!
Carmine

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The icon (looks like a hard drive) that you see beneath the MacIntosh hard drive can be ejected (drag to trash) after Firefox is installed.

To install Firefox, it must be placed in Applications. The Firefox installer should do that automatically. And when you start Firefox, its icon will appear in your DOCK. When it does, right click on it and select "keep in DOCK".

See the following:

Installing Applications in OS X

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.