Is it just me?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.6 Ghz, Ipod 1G, 3G, Nano 3G, Touch 1G, Apple TV 160GB
Wow - I've made the switch for all of almost 2 weeks now and I still eagerly find something new each day to learn about my Mac. What was I ever doing with a PC! Does the novelty ever wear off, or will I be continuing to feed my technology shopping problem? :) I have issues - I love to buy electronic gadgets (especially Apple!) Just bought an awesome iMac cover from RadTech - protects the screen very well and is a microfiber that is safe for the screen and does not cover air vents in back.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz, 4GB memory, 160GB hard drive, Leopard, 20" Widescreen Samsung Display
I made the switch last year and it is still a joy to open my Macbook Pro. What has actually happened is that my productivity has increased, as all the time spent is now doing stuff with the laptop rather than fixing stuff on the laptop!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black 2.2 GHz C2D, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD, Super Drive
I've had my macbook for a few months now and I too still enjoy opening up my macbook. It's refreshing how low maintenance this thing is. I don't need to worry about viruses or spyware or the dreaded blue screen of death.

Not to mention the form faction is easy on the eyes. Yup, I still love my macbook! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM
The novelty does wear off... but it takes a few years!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(3,1): C2D 2.2ghz, 4g RAM, 10.7.5; iMac(12,1): 2.5ghz i5, 16gb RAM, 10.9.1; iPhone5S iOS7.04
Got my MacBook on December 28, I think, and it's still a thrill!

OP
NYTechGuy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah, the sad part is now I want a new aluminum Macbook Pro to go with my shiny new iMac! :) (told you I have technology issues! - LOL )

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
It'll wear off at an exponential rate as you become more familiar with OS X.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
Does the novelty ever wear off, or will I be continuing to feed my technology shopping problem? :) I have issues - I love to buy electronic gadgets (especially Apple!)

Join the club.
In the past year I've had over 30 different Macs, and I'm on eBay right now looing at a 1.67GHz Powerbook. There's something about the thrill of getting a "New" Mac every time, even though I fix these guys up and re-sell them.

Regardless, I can't just keep a personal laptop just for myself for a prolonged period of time...I have a problem with that...I am always constantly buying and selling one for another one...It's like I have to experience every mac for myself. Hopefully it'll wear off for you, if not...Let's hope it doesn't get as extreme as my case.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 uni
I love tech toys, just bought a diamond touch phone and till have my Serene, that 2K in just phones..have to love toys :)

OP
NYTechGuy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I love tech toys, just bought a diamond touch phone and till have my Serene, that 2K in just phones..have to love toys :)

Hi Air - yeah I saw your B&O ad - nice! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
I switched two months ago, I wasn't much of a Windows expert you know. I only used a computer for certain reasons, and for nothing else. Most importantly online games (which can be played on almost any OS). So yeah, it wasn't much of a difference to me, but learning how to use Macintosh and learning tricks is pretty much the best and most interesting.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.16GHz Intel Core Duo, 2GB Ram, 500GB HDD and Ipod 3G 16GB
Had my macbook pro for a year and still love it just installed leopard so have lots of fun new things to play with
as they say it just works
install was so easy compared to the dreaded xp i did the other day was considering putting it on the mac but really have no need with that junk
only problem is i really want a new one now :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7
Slowly, the novelty is wearing down. I do not get as excited when I fire up my Mac, and, though I still appreciate owning such a great computer, I think the novelty isn't as great anymore. It probably will be when the new OS comes out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.