• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Adobe Flash Player install problem

Reaction score
Okay, folks, be gentle. This is my first question to ANY forum since last year and I desperately need help and fast.

I have an iMac (2GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, OS 10.8.2) and this AM awoke to find my Flash Player plug-in inoperative with a link to Adobe for newer version "due to security...blah blah blah". I go to the link, download the newer version of Flash Player (hereafter called FP) but it would not install. It went about 50% of the way through the install and then went to a message that it failed.

I tried everything I could, from uninstalling the previous v. of FP to restarting my Mac and FINALLY went to Adobe help site. They were ZERO help. THEN...I call the tech support. I learned it would cost me $49 for tech support because this was a "free software". The person that "helped" me was in India and had MAYBE 3 months experience and whose accent was so thick I kept having to ask her to repeat the sentence.

Finally, I gave up and requested someone with more experience call me later. She said she would do this but clearly did not.

Now...I KNOW this is an Adobe problem. But has ANYONE come across this in the last few days on this new version of FP??

Does anyone have an idea that can MAYBE help me?

At this point, I'd be okay with the $50 cost but I can't wait another 2 hours for tech support.

Any Mac-fed ideas?
Thank you so much if you do.
[email protected]
Tom

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Server 2.0GHz Intel Core i7 Quad Core, MacBook Pro Retina 2.6 GHz
Be careful ... I have seen fake Adobe Flash installation pages popping up all over the place that link to viruses.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.