Domain Name and Host-Dreamweaver

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac OS 10.5.6
Does the domain name and host have to be with the same company?
Where do I go to, search for, and register the name I want?
I'm a beginner in Dreamweaver. I thought I would get started with my first page as "under construction" to get practice with the hosting company.
I thought I would use Go-Daddy because they sponsor Nasscar and because my Dad uses them. Thanks for all advice and opinions!

Reaction score
i don't think a domain name need to be the same as the hosting company. You just need to register for a domain name and of course pay for it every year. You can use any hosting company to publish your domain. However, many hosting company do offer free domain name if you purchase a hosting package for them. Some basic one is starting at couple dollar a month. I am not sure which one is the best but some think Go-Daddy is not good because of their Customer service. I will try to find one works better with Mac interface. Try some search in google with "Mac web hosting company". Tons will end up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Soon to own
Yahoo! Domains is pretty good regardless of which platform you use, it is a little pricier than most, but the service is quality with the Yahoo! name.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.