itunes smart playlists not showing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2013. OSX 10.9. 8Gb mem, 3.6 GHz 750Gb HD. iPod Touch 2009. AppleTV2
I wanted to add a new smart playlist to my iPod touch. I sync my iPod with various playlists but not my whole library.

I created the playlist in itunes then in the music tab of the iPod in itunes I went to tick the box to select the new playlist. However the new playlist wasn't there to select. The Recently Added smart playlist was there… until I amended it (even though I completely reset it to the original settings).

Any ideas?

Ggggrrr

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2013. OSX 10.9. 8Gb mem, 3.6 GHz 750Gb HD. iPod Touch 2009. AppleTV2
I'm surprised no-one has a clue about this.

I can add ordinary playlists to my iPod touch but not smart ones. And the standard recently played is no longer on my ipod.

Anybody?

Gggrrr

Reaction score
Same problem. Smart playlist working fine until recent itunes update.

The playlist shows on the ipod listings in I tunes but not on the ipod when I check playlists. Puzzling? Any ideas?

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Actually I've worked something out. Don't use things like ' media kind is not'. Removing this made it appear in iPod list! Just use 'media kind is music' and other positive statements... Just be positive and visualise... Ha ha Ha! honestly it works now!

Reaction score
Yes this works!

Actually I've worked something out. Don't use things like ' media kind is not'. Removing this made it appear in iPod list! Just use 'media kind is music' and other positive statements... Just be positive and visualise... Ha ha Ha! honestly it works now!

I am trying to get a smart playlist to work in my Beautiful Clock Radio app and was having trouble syncing it to the iphone. I had "media kind" "is" and it did not show up in the music area when syncing the iphone, I removed the ""media kind" option and it showed up! This app is very cool if anyone is looking for a clock radio, i can now have a button just for a podcast!

Thanks for the help!

Reaction score
Songs in my Playlist have disappeared.

Not a "Smart Playlist"

Simply songs that were once in a FOLDER are gone.

90% of Folders are empty.

Thoughts? Assistance greatly appreciated.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.