Email

Reaction score
Is there any easy way to transfer my email from my iMac to my Mac book. when I travel/return, it would be nice to have all my current and past email on both computers? I use Outlook as the email application..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook 2GHz intel core duo 2 GB ram Mac os x 10.5 Leopard
why do you use outlook???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook w/ 2.16GHz Duo & 2GB RAM
Before I started using gmail, I used a pop3 e-mail account on more than one computer. I would set the e-mail client (be it outlook, Mail, etc.) to leave messages on the server for 5 days. That way, if I didn't check e-mail on one computer for a few days, I could check it and download all the messages for the last few days. It always worked well. That would be my recommendation.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 ghz "new" 24" iMac
Is there any easy way to transfer my email from my iMac to my Mac book. when I travel/return, it would be nice to have all my current and past email on both computers? I use Outlook as the email application..

Just use IMAP instead of POP and you will be fine. The days of "Downloading Mail to a Client" have been over for several years, just very few people got the memo. IMAP lets everything stay on the server so what you see on your e-mail client or webmail are always consistent. Of course, your ISP needs to support IMAP.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.