Toast 6 and DVD burning questions

K

kjellquist

I just got a new DVD burner w. Toast 6 bundled. Before we really begin, no I don't have iDVD because I don't have a Superdrive. Anyway, am I wrong or is there no way to edit menus w/ Toast. I am very surprised if this is the case after reading all the great reviews of Toast. All I want to do right now is create a DVD slideshow project with custom buttons, backgrounds, and music. It appears I can't do this with Toast.

If this is the case is there any freeware that will allow me to create menus?

Reaction score
I have a program called 'Motion Pictures' which is in the 'Toast Titanium software folder' inside toasts folder which can make DVD slideshows so far as I can tell. I haven't used it yet and its possible that you only get this program with the full version of Toast and not with the bundled version that you get with a DVD burner as it has less features. Try going to www.macupdate.com and type in DVD to see what software is available.

OP
K

kjellquist

I have the full version and I have Motion Pictures. The problem isn't making the slideshow, but rather the apparent inability to make custom menus and buttons in Toast 6 Titanium.

Reaction score
Same problem. I heard iDvd 5 was supporting some externals, but as far as I can see that's not the case. I'd be interested to know if there is any freeware as iDvd's options for menus looke great...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.