iPod deal

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Getting a Macbook Pro i7 in June. I also own an iPhone 3GS.
It looks like in order to get the iPod deal when I buy my MBP next month, that I actually have to come up with the $200 to buy the iPod, and then it will be rebated... is this true? I'd really like to go for the deal, but I don't think I'll have an extra $200.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" (spring 2010), iPhone 4 16gb
It looks like in order to get the iPod deal when I buy my MBP next month, that I actually have to come up with the $200 to buy the iPod, and then it will be rebated... is this true? I'd really like to go for the deal, but I don't think I'll have an extra $200.
Unfortunately, Yes, you must have the funds to purchase the ipod, wait 4-6 weeks for the rebate (4 to 6 weeks is a complete guess)

I was stuck, and couldn't get the ipod myself due to the same conflict.

Reaction score
mine arrives tomorrow, but the same reason as to why i didn't get the printer.

but yes you are correct, you have to purchase it and then get the $200 rebate.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
alMB, 2.0C2D, 2GB, 500GB, SD, etc
mine arrives tomorrow, but the same reason as to why i didn't get the printer.

but yes you are correct, you have to purchase it and then get the $200 rebate.

Yep...I have a feeling this will prevent a lot of people from actually taking advantage of the offer. "The killer's in the details..."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.33 GHz 3 GB RAM
Yep...I have a feeling this will prevent a lot of people from actually taking advantage of the offer. "The killer's in the details..."

I doubt it very much. Apple's back-to-school deals have been a recurring thing for several years now, so clearly they're at least moderately successful.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
So they're not doing the instant in-store rebate anymore ? When we got our first MacBook Pro, they did the deduction in store. Got a free iPod, and a big rebate on a printer.

D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" (spring 2010), iPhone 4 16gb
I feel it will be successful, just not so much for the students paying for their own computers. I would imagine (yes, this is speculation) more than half the macbooks sold to students were bought by the parents (since macs are more "elite/expensive"), and probably have credit card that can hold the $200 on a bill til rebate with minimal interest.

But for the less fortunate without a spare 200 or a creditcard its a bummer :(

I just bought my first macbook (first apple anything, new "switcher" here) yesterday, the +$1400 after tax and a case was more than I could afford as it was. But I feel fortunate just to have such an awesome machine :)

EDIT: In some states, by law they must produce the discount immediately...I think I remember seeing "except where prohibited by law" in the fine print somewhere

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
EDIT: In some states, by law they must produce the discount immediately...I think I remember seeing "except where prohibited by law" in the fine print somewhere

Most resellers get around state laws by advertising it as a "rebate" not a discount. I usually stay away from rebate offers because I've been burned in the past by them. In other words, the rebate never arrives and the rebater never responds to your inquiries and so on. However, with Apple you know your rebate is going to arrive. It may take a while but you'll get it.

But I do understand not everyone has a spare $200 laying around to invest in a free iPod.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.