Geektool Weather scripts

Reaction score
Hey guys can someone help me with geek tool weather scripts. Im new to mac and i was told about geektool and that i could have weather displayed on desktop. I have no idea how to go about starting a script so could someone post some scripts with directions on how to customize them for my area. I would like to use yahoo weather with images and forecast. Thanks and i would greatly appreciate some help.

Reaction score
Hello I'm having the same problem

I followed the instructions on Life hacker - here: Put Current Weather Conditions on Your Desktop with GeekTool

I am in Leeds, UK and this is the Yahoo weather link for Leeds: Leeds - West Yorkshire Weather Forecasts | Maps - Yahoo! Weather UK

So I replaced the YOURCITYCODE with the code from the Yahoo url leeds-26348957
but just get nothing in the shell tried refreshing but still nothing

my full code is
Code:
curl --silent "http://xml.weather.yahoo.com/forecastrss?p=leeds-26348957&u=c" | grep -E '(Current Conditions:|C<BR)' | sed -e 's/Current Conditions://' -e 's/<br \/>//' -e 's/<b>//' -e 's/<\/b>//' -e 's/<BR \/>//' -e 's/<description>//' -e 's/<\/description>//'

I have also tried just using the 8 digit no. 26348957 (without the leeds-) but get same result. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
The weather URL has changed, try this.
Code:
curl --silent "http://weather.yahooapis.com/forecastrss?p=UKXX0078&u=c" | grep -E '(Current Conditions:|C<BR)' | sed -e 's/Current Conditions://' -e 's/<br \/>//' -e 's/<b>//' -e 's/<\/b>//' -e 's/<BR \/>//' -e 's/<description>//' -e 's/<\/description>//'

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.