Computer video to TV hookup

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21" 2.4G 320G HD OS Snow Leopard. Win7 on Dell PC Inspiron i5 8g Ram 1TB HD
What do I need to hookup my iMac video to my TV?The TV has one jack named S-video, and another yellow jack marked video.The TV is High Definition
Zenith.Thanks for any input. Van

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 GHz Dual Core 3GB Ram 320GB Hard Drive 10.6.2 :: Ipod Touch 8 GB :: Beastly Gaming PC
Does the TV have a HDMI port? If it does you can use the mini displayport to HDMI adapter. If not, then you would have to buy a mini displayport to dvi and then a dvi to s-video

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
In order to provide accurate info, you must provide:
a) which model iMac you want to connect - year and processor speed preferable
b) the model # of your TV
c) do you want the sound from the TV or will you be running the sound to a stereo or 5.1 receiver

(Just as an FYI for others: Even if your Mac does have a mini displayport, you can not use a mini displayport to DVI adapter and then a DVI to S-Video adapter (or any other analog adapter for that matter) as the mini displayport to DVI adapter is DVI-D and only carries a digital signal, no analog there at all.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 GHz Dual Core 3GB Ram 320GB Hard Drive 10.6.2 :: Ipod Touch 8 GB :: Beastly Gaming PC
(Just as an FYI for others: Even if your Mac does have a mini displayport, you can not use a mini displayport to DVI adapter and then a DVI to S-Video adapter (or any other analog adapter for that matter) as the mini displayport to DVI adapter is DVI-D and only carries a digital signal, no analog there at all.)

Thanks I wasn't too sure about that. Now I know:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.