Apple TV could not be restored error 1600

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I'm tring to load a custom IPSW file, but keep hitting this roadblock in iTunes. It'll restore with the regular IPSW, but not mine from Seas0npass.

Anyone know how to get by this? I know it's been an issue with custom firmware in the past and I'm sure there's some way around it, but I'm not finding any good info searching.

I'm running 4.4.4 and iTunes 10.5.2

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
It maybe your AppleTV host file.

Either.... restore the standard Apple firmware, then try a custom firmware restore

or do a full factory reset on the AppleTV, then try a custom firmware restore

or remove the known hosts file
ssh in from terminal
rm "homefolder"/.ssh/known_hosts

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
If those don't work check the custom firmware file.
It should be 297.699mb. Somepeople are reporting tiny firmware files coming out of Seas0nPass.
If yours is corrupt perhaps find a site where you can download the pre-pared custom firmware file.

Another thing to make sure is that you don't have the mains power connected during the restore.

Reaction score
I know this is a little old but I found it while searching my own problems in google and I had this problem the last time I jailbroke an ATV2, so it might help other people that find this...

If Itunes is updated to the apple firmware instead of the firmware you would like, simply Shift+Click the restore button under Apple TV in itunes. It will give you the option of which restore file to use, you can then find the one created by season pass (the name is the same as the original apple restore IPSW but with SP in the file name. Hope this helps.

Sorry, Shift+Click is for PC. On the mac it will be Alt+click to access the same option.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.