Hidden Dock - Improve speed

Reaction score
Hey guys, when the dock is hidden, is there anyway to increase the speed of how quickly it shows it self again when you mouse over it? For e.g currently i need to hover my mouse down for about 1.5 seconds before it shows up i would really like it to be instant and then change it whenever i need to.

Thanks guys, i really hope theres as tweak out there for this!!

27" Core 2 Duo Mac OS X (10.6.3)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Nope, there is no way to do this that I've ever seen, or can locate from Googling around.

There is a keyboard command to instantly toggle the Dock's hiding status: OPTION-CMD-D
Using that would instantly show your Dock, though you would have to repeat the command to re-hide it. If you have a spare button on your mouse that's not mapped to anything, you could use something like USB Overdrive to map it to that command, or to an unused F-key on your keyboard.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
...although your estimate of 1.5 seconds does seem like there is a delay. I don't think mine takes that long.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.